Join now - be part of our community!

NEX-5 - how do I do a soft reset?

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
robox3000
Visitor

NEX-5 - how do I do a soft reset?

I was on the phone with sony support - 😞 but anyway, one thing they wanted me to try was a 'soft reset' by "taking out the battery, pressing the shutter foro 1 minute, releasing the shutter button, re-inserting the battery and then turning the camera back on"

The "agent" was having a very hard time explaining the order in which to do these steps, and at what point to press and how long to hold etc

I can't find anywhere that this is explained in plain terms.

Does anyone know if there is any documented soft reset or memory clear, other than the documented "Reset to factory defaults" whis i also did.

Since there is no evident "reset pin hole" maybe someone knows something about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The 'soft reset' is meant to clear static electricity problems and is worth trying if you have a problem.

I cannot find it anywhere in writing but the procedure is as you describe it: -

Remove the Battery

Turn the camera ON and hold down the shutter button - I don't think the time is critical but 20 to 30 seconds should suffice.

Turn OFF

Reinsert the Battery

Turn ON

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The 'soft reset' is meant to clear static electricity problems and is worth trying if you have a problem.

I cannot find it anywhere in writing but the procedure is as you describe it: -

Remove the Battery

Turn the camera ON and hold down the shutter button - I don't think the time is critical but 20 to 30 seconds should suffice.

Turn OFF

Reinsert the Battery

Turn ON

:wink:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
robox3000
Visitor

Thanks for that. I don't know if it helped yet, but i will check it out.

Wonder why these tips aren't documented somewhere?

cheers and merry christmas!