Join now - be part of our community!

Canon EF-s to e mount adapter for a6400

profile.country.GB.title
RattusTurpis
Explorer

Canon EF-s to e mount adapter for a6400

Hi, I’ve just purchased an A6400 body and have three canon mount lenses, canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS, EF 50 f/1.8II and Tamron AF17-50 f/2.8 DiII XR LD aspherical (IF). I know there are adapters to facilitate mounting them to the A6400 but wondered if anyone has an knowledge/experience of how the lenses will perform (autofocus etc) .I have been offered around £220 for all three on exchange sites, just wondered if it’s worth biting the bullet and selling them to fund a new lens or to purchase an adapter, any thoughts from anyone that’s used similar lenses with an adapter and any recommendations re suitable adapters would be appreciated..many thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
madge115

hello and welcome  i think you will find the auto focus does  not work well with the converter  other than  that the lenses work okay in manual i had some  canon lenses but was not happy with performance  on sony -e mount  you could  try a cheap converter there are some about   hope this helps good luck  - and enjoy your camera    madge115

profile.country.GB.title
RattusTurpis
Explorer

Thanks for the reply madge115, auto focus was one of my concerns so will probably go with a more appropriate lens, the new Tamron 17-70 looks interesting...regards and thanks