Join now - be part of our community!

Bug - a7S III - When in Continuous Shooting Mode camera will not display histograms Auto Review

profile.country.GB.title
coffee_king

Bug - a7S III - When in Continuous Shooting Mode camera will not display histograms Auto Review

Hi

I've found a bug when in any continuous shooting mode on a7S III. 

The camera will not display the various histograms on the right hand side of the screen on "Auto Review" of an image.

If you don't see the histograms you would normally press DISPLAY on the rear when reviewing an image and it would then save the option/setting you have chosen for the next time it shows your last image on Auto Review. 

But in Continuous Shooting Mode it does NOT display the histograms on Auto Review at all.

------------

Edit: I have updated the above as a word was missing. Below is also a step by step of how this doesn't work correctly.

Select M (For manual) on dial to take photos.
Press FN button.
Select "Drive Mode" and change it to ANY "Continuous Shooting" mode from "Single Shooting".
Take a photo.
Instantly look on the rear screen. It will NOT display the various histograms during Auto Review of the image. It just shows the image you took and the settings you used. (It doesn't show the small thumbnail image with the four histograms on the right hand side).

The ONLY way to get the Histograms to display is to toggle through the DISPLAY button, but then it doesn't save the last "Display" option you chose. 

So each time you take a photo in Continuous Shooting Mode to see the Histogram during Auto Review you have to keep pressing the Display button.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
coffee_king

I have just updated the initial post. Hopefully this will help folks find the issue a bit easier.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey coffee_king, thank you for the explanation. As far as I know this is normal, there's nothing in the settings I know about can change it. I would say reach out to Sony directly.

profile.country.GB.title
coffee_king

How does on one report this kind of thing directly to Sony please?

Anyone got a link?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team
profile.country.GB.title
coffee_king

Reported cheers.

I doubt they will do anything about it mind you. There are lots of issues on this camera that never get fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

You never know, from my experience Sony listens, it would also make a difference if many users reported.