Join now - be part of our community!

A9 Picture Profiles

A9 Picture Profiles

Dear Sony!
I would like to know when will you implement the Picture Profiles into the A9?
We are eagerly waiting for this update, please don't let us down!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/picture-profiles-back-in-the-a9

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @rhapsodist,

the A9 camera is more of a photo camera, that is the reason you don't have picture-profile settings for the video mode.

The A7-cameras are meant for filming and have this feature.

- Nic

@IamNic

Sorry totaly disagree with you here. The video image out of the a9 is better than any of the a7 range to date. So why not have PP in a “pro” camera that has a better video image than any other alpha camera they make?

Sony’s silence on this subject is a joke. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Thefactory,

you are free to disagree, yet I only explained why I think the engineers did not add picture profile capabilities to the A9.

It doesn't matter if the video quality is better or not (I also didn't say anything regarding this in my first reply), it matters what the camera is made for, which in this case is still image photography.

What I don't get is, that people buy such a camera without informing themself prior to the purchase, just to then complain, that it doesn't offer a particular feature and demand, that it gets added via a software update.

You don't buy a 70hp car and then demand to get a turbocharger added for extra boost, since the car looked "fast" to you when buying it, assuming it would have a stronger engine.

Don't assume that a product has features, rather study the spec sheet or ask here on the community. It prevents being disappointed by a product.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
ianpollen

Hi Nic,

In general I would agree with your logic but in this case the omitance of a what most people consider a "basic" and expected feature from a flagship camera is very odd. Keeping in mind this feature is available on lower spec models I think most peoples' assumption was it would be there. It was very easy to be so dazzled by the A9's headline feautures that inevitably some of us did not notice the ommited items.

Not a major problem for me as I have other bodies that fill my basic video needs but I can understand the demand to have it added.

Ian

profile.country.GB.title
Kianoosh
Explorer

Nic,

1. Yes you are right, he is free to disagree

2. No, in this case the camera has been designed for both stills and moving images up to 4K, which is more than other alpha ranges that showcase PP

3. The question was not if you get it or not. Clearly you don't.

The rest of your comments was...

profile.country.GB.title
timur1885
New

Are there picture profiles for stills?