Join now - be part of our community!

a5000 not connecting to PC - "check the connected device"

profile.country.GB.title
gsofov
Explorer

a5000 not connecting to PC - "check the connected device"

Hi,

I just bought a used a5000. The camera's functions are all working fine, except the connection to the PC.

I have tried all troubleshooting guides based on Sony's website and other forums. I am certain the recommended settings are correct; USB connection=Mass storage/Auto, USB LUN setting=single/Multi and have installed PlayMemories. I have tried all combinations and nothing seems to be working.

The camera understands that a usb cable is connected, however the message it displays is "check the connected device". Multiple cables have been used and the camera's firmware is the most up to date.

Have you got any recommendations about the issue?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Ideally you should use the cable that came with your camera.

If you don't have this cable anymore please make sure that you use a cable that can transfer data and is not meant for charging only. Also the cable shouldn't be too long.

If all this is OK, then there might be an issue with the USB connector of the camera.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
gsofov
Explorer

Thanks for the reponse @Peter_S. 

I don't have the original cable but i have tried already 3 different cables that can transfer data as i am using them for my phones.
I feel this is a software issue though as the camera understands when it's connected to a PC. It just doesn't transmit data for some reason.

Have you came across with similar issues of the USB connector in the past?

Thanks
S

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, try removing the batteries for two minutes and test it again, or initialize the camera.

profile.country.GB.title
gsofov
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately both didn't work once again.